The MIDI Manufacturers Association (MMA)
is the publisher and authoritative source of MIDI specifications.
Manufacturers achieve interoperability through compliance with MMA
Recommended Practices. We provide forums for developers to coordinate
changes to the MIDI specification, which today remains one of the most
relevant standards in the entertainment industry.
- To insure interoperability of MIDI products through an open standards process with broad industry participation.
- To be proactive towards developing and enhancing MIDI to respond to market needs.
- To encourage the use of MIDI technology and MIDI products in established and growth markets.
- To protect the meaning of the term MIDI as used in commerce
- Encourage participation via an open and transparent process
- Provide forums for companies to create consensus and share expertise
- Publish and maintain consensus-driven interoperability specifications
- Host official MIDI web site
- Cooperate with other standards-setting organizations
- Inform members of relevant technology trends
MMA Executive Board Members
Athan Billias (Yamaha Corp of America)
Bryan Lanser (Muse Research)
Denis Labrecque (Analog Devices)
Claus Dorner (Dream)
Tom White (MMA)
MMA Technical Board Members
MMA members include companies in these market areas:
Chris Grigg (Line 6)
Rick Cohen (Kurzweil)
Bob Lee (MIDI9)
Charlie Bright (Korg R&D USA)
Amos Ganes (Moog Music)
- Electronic Musical Instruments
- Personal Computers & Software
- Signal Processors & Audio ICs
- Sound Reinforcement
- Multimedia Computing
- Sound Recording
- TV & Radio Broadcast
- Internet Audio
- Theater and Stage
- Mobile Communications
- Music Content