The following companies have announced products supporting DLS (DLS1, DLS2, or Mobile
DLS). Some may no longer be available, or availability may be
All information was provided by the developers. The MMA is not responsible for any errors.
Authoring Tools (Windows)
- Crimson's DLS TOOLS
is the professional editor for DLS Level-1, DLS Level-2, and Mobile DLS. It is useful for 3GPP(Mobile DLS) content authoring, MIDI sound module IC development, etc.
- Nokia Audio Suite
enables authoring of SP-MIDI, Mobile DLS, and Mobile XMF content, as well as modeling the sound as played by Nokia terminals.
- FMJ Software's Awave edits and creates DLS files.
- Audio Compositor
is a MIDI-to-WAV file renderer, multitimbral realtime software wavetable synth and patch editor for DLS (and other) files.
Authoring Tools (Mac OS)
- PolyPhontics is a full-featured DLS and SoundFont® compatible authoring
tool for Mac OSX.
is built around the DLS synth code in Mac OS X, and lets you plug in a MIDI keyboard, load up a DLS or Soundfont, and play.
DLS Files, Synths, Code Libraries, Etc.
- DLS support for Windows Applications is provided natively through Microsoft's DirectMusic Synthesizer.
- DLS support for Mac OS MIDI Applications is provided via Apple's Quicktime Synthesizer and/or CoreMIDI (OSX).
- Sonic Foundry Acid 4.0 Pro and up all include DLS capability.
- Eye and I Productions (Voice Crystal®) specializes in General MIDI & custom wavetable design and offers a wide range of GM wavetable sizes; 32KB thru 128KB for Mobile DLS1 & DLS2 applications up to 32MB for professional products. Also provides technical advice on synth functionality, testing & verification..
- SSEYO (Koan Interactive Audio Platform) includes a full-feature DLS synthesizer, compatible with both DLS Level-1 and DLS Level-2 data files.
- Sonic Network
provides GM and custom designed DLS wavetables and synths for OEM
applications, as well as a large variety of sounds for
professional sound production.
- Square Circle Software's WaveSurgeon
is a breakbeat (drum loop) tool, designed to automate the process of editing samples.
- RAD Game Tools' Miles Sound System
offers an integrated DLS software synthesizer (with extremely low CPU overhead), compression of DLS instruments, filtering of DLS files with MIDI files (for the smallest possible instrument memory usage), and much more!
- The DirectMIDI Project is a
wrapper for Microsoft DirectMusic: Source code,
- Synoptic (Nicolas
Fournel) produces Virtual Waves, a software non-realtime synthesizer and SampleLink, an audio batch-converter and processor lets you import and export files in the DLS format.