With the adoption of MIDI 2.0, there are now many new benefits to joining the MIDI Association as a corporate member.
Here is a short list of new MIDI Association corporate member benefits:
- MIDI Association corporate membership gives you immediate access to new MIDI proposals under development and the MIDI Association Github repository that include a number of key MIDI 2.0 development tools including:
- A MIDI 2.0 Compliance Work Sheet for determining which MIDI 2.0 features you support
- MIDI 2.0 Scope -- an open source application (C++/JUCE) to aid in development/debugging of MIDI 2.0 channel voice message transmission and reception. Includes a permissively licensed JUCE User Module that implements the new protocol's messages.
- MIDI-CI Work Bench- A Standalone Electron Application for a more complete MIDI 2.0 environment This workbench translates MIDI 1.0 (including MPE) to and from MIDI 2.0.
- After you develop a MIDI 2.0 product, MIDI Association corporate membership enables you to test for MIDI 2.0 compliance and apply to use the royalty free MIDI 2.0 logo on your product and packaging. The new MIDI 2.0 logo will give your customers confidence that your MIDI 2.0 products comply with the MIDI Association’s MIDI 2.0 specifications.
- MIDI Association corporate annual membership includes a SysEx ID (a $240 annual value). A valid unique MIDI SysEx ID is required to do manufacturer specific SysEx, Profiles and Property Exchanges. There are still lots of opportunities for new Profiles and new Property Exchange use cases and new protocol messages. It’s easier than ever to propose new ideas for MIDI.
- Marketing opportunities to participate in MIDI Association promotions like May Is MIDI Month and reach out directly to over 30,000 opted-in MIDI Association Members who work, play and create with MIDI and receive the monthly MIDI Message newsletter.
You'll Be In Good Company!
The MIDI Association corporate members include innovative digital musical instrument technology companies including Apple, Microsoft, Korg, Roland, Yamaha, Ableton, Native Instruments, IK Multimedia, CME, Ringway, and Medeli. Member dues are based on annual revenue and range from $600-$20,000. A majority of MIDI Association corporate member companies are smaller innovative companies with annual revenues less than $1 million who pay $600 in annual dues. The MIDI Association is a member driven organization. Each company’s vote on adoption of MIDI standards and election of MIDI Association officers is equal so a brand-new MIDI start-up has the exact same voting power as some of the world’s largest companies who also participate as corporate MIDI Association members.
We are excited about the future of MIDI 2.0 and we encourage you to become a part of the MIDI 2.0 revolution today.