THE MIDI Association (TMA)
The community of people who work, play and create with MIDI
The MIDI Association’s mission is to nurture an inclusive global community of people who create music and art with MIDI. The www.MIDI.org website is the central repository of information about anything related to MIDI technology, from classic legacy gear to next- gen protocols on the horizon.
Individuals who use MIDI technology can join The MIDI Association to learn about MIDI, share their experiences and creative projects on forums, participate in TMA webinars and broaden their MIDI knowledge. This includes musicians, artists, educators, retail salespeople, DYI/Arduino enthusiasts, DJs, game developers, sound designers and audio engineers.
- Nurture an inclusive community of people who create music and art with MIDI.
- Create an environment for community members to learn from each other.
- Explain new technical developments in MIDI and explore how to use them.
- Promote new ways of creatively using MIDI.
- Connect MIDI users with the companies that develop MIDI products.
TMA's Advisory Board
- Craig Anderton, Editor in Chief at Harmony Central
- Athan Billias, Director of Strategic Product Planning at Yamaha
- Roy Elkins, CEO at Broadjam
- Gene Joly, Vice President of Professional Audio at QSC and past NAMM Board member
- Daniel Keller, CEO, Get It In Writing media relations
- Kevin LaManna, Principal at the digital marketing agency Monday Loves You
- Lawrence Levine, Principal at Comet Capital
- Gerson Rosenbloom, Vice President of Strategic Management at Sweetwater and former NAMM Chairman.
The MIDI Manufacturers Association (MMA)
The non-profit trade association for companies that develop products that use MIDI technology
The MIDI Association is administrated by the MIDI Manufacturers Association.
For information about the MMA, our mission, our services, and the benefits of MMA membership, click below.