MIDI Programming and DIY Tools
These are just examples of such products -- we make no warranty re: suitability (or anything else, for that matter) -- use at your own risk. If you are a manufacturer and would like to be listed here, please use our Contact Form to let us know.
MIDI Processing Devices and DIY Hardware
- Bome Box: MIDI router and processor with USB, DIN, Ethernet, and WiFi connectors
- CHD ElektroServis: Format converters, vintage retrofits, processors
- MIDI Solutions: Processors, Encoders, and Decoders
- MIDISense controller: Extensible sensor interface to MIDI
- MIDI Gadgets Boutique: Encoders/Decoders
- Hut Electronics: Decoder & Detector
- R.Sowa MIDI Hardware: Controllers and Decoders
- MIDITool: Generic MIDI hardware device
- MIDITron: Wired and Wireless sensor interfaces
- HighlyLiquid: Controllers, Decoders, Retro-Fits
- Livid Builder: Controller boards and accessories
- uCApps.de: Non-Commercial DIY Projects for MIDI Geeks
- RossBencina.com: Instructions for building a simple MIDI Controller using a PIC and Basic
- MIDIKits: Arduino (and "Miduino") DIY Projects
- MaxMIDI: DIY Projects and Book
- Instructables: Dozens of DIY MIDI Projects
- Hobbytronics: USB-MIDI ICs, Boards, and software
- Kenton: Manufacturer of MIDI Accessories and DIY devices
- I-CubeX: Motion Sensors for Digital Media Control
- MIDI to Anything: A list of companies that make the above stuff.
- Bome MIDI Translator Pro: Advanced MIDI translation software
- Kinect MIDI Controller SDK: Use Microsoft's Kinect to output MIDI
- Maple MIDI: Virtual Cable and Processing Plug Ins
- MIDI-OX: All Purpose MIDI Utility
- Midishare.sourceforge.net: Real-time cross-platform multitasking MIDI OS
- Developer Resource List at Harmony-Central
- Visual Basic MIDI Source Code: MIDI Message handling in VB5, VB6 and VB.Net
- MIDI Bridge for Unity (C++ API for Game Development)
- PortMedia APIs (Platform Independent Libraries)
- GitHub: Repository of 6000+ MIDI related programs
DLS and XMF Development Tools
- Nokia Audio Suite 2.0 enables authoring of SP-MIDI, Mobile DLS, and Mobile XMF content, as well as modeling the sound as played by Nokia terminals.
- Crimson's DLS Tools is a professional editor for DLS Level-1, DLS Level-2, and Mobile DLS/XMF. It is useful for 3GPP (Mobile DLS) content authoring, MIDI sound module IC development, etc.
- Eye and I Productions (Voice Crystal®) specializes in General MIDI & custom wavetable design and offers a wide range of GM wavetable sizes; 32KB thru 128KB for Mobile DLS1 & DLS2 applications up to 32MB for professional products. Also provides technical advice on synth functionality, testing & verification..
- PolyPhontics is a full-featured DLS and SoundFont® compatible authoring tool for Mac OSX.
- FMJ Software's Awave edits and creates DLS files.
- Audio Compositor is a MIDI-to-WAV file renderer, multitimbral realtime software wavetable synth and patch editor for DLS (and other) files.
- Moderati mXMFTool (press release)
Companies and products listed here do not imply any recommendation or endorsement by the MIDI Manufacturers Association.