Saturday, 18 November 2017
  1 Replies
  5K Visits
Purchased iRig Pro from IK Multimedia and it provides 5 pin DIN male to 3.5mm TRS male connectors.
I have an Alesis V61 I'd like to use that has a USB 2 B female connector port.

Does anyone know where to obtain a USB B type male to 3.5mm male cable?

Thanks in advance..


The connection on your Alesis is a USB connection, meant to connect to a computer (a USB Host). But the 3.5mm connection on the iRig is a MIDI connection, not USB. So you cannot connect the devices that way, even if you had a cable to do so.

If you connect the iRig and the V61 to your computer (via USB) you can use the MIDI routing in your computer to connect the V61 with whatever MIDI device is connected to the iRig.

If you do not want to use a computer, products such as the iConnectMIDI2+ can act as a USB host.

The community of people who work, play and create with MIDI

  • Page :
  • 1
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!