Thanks to Geoff and Jason for their suggestions. The problem ended up being the sequencer sending a MIDI note to the DrumTraks to play on the same MIDI channel the Drumtraks was already transmitting on; causing the DrumTraks to get confused LOL.
I set the Drumtraks to a different Channel from the incoming key events and voila, problem solved! These songs were written by me in the 80s and so you can forgive me not remembering that I recorded all the Drumtraks "cymbal crashes" separetely. No problem if its playing live because there is not any MIDI being transmitted byt the Drumtraks.
Thanks for the help!