Hi, even though I've been utilizing MIDI for many years, I've decided to start getting into MIDI file creation. It's not just a matter of recording your tracks and exporting as a MIDI file!!
I've learned to create a 'Header' on each track to create the required CC information, but here's my problem.
I've opened up a pre recorded midi file to work on. I've managed to input the program change info so that it uses the sounds that I want, but I have a track with strings (General MIDI No.49) that seem to have a slow attack on them. If I delete the header, they play normal, but as soon as I add a header, the attack is back! I haven't added any attack information.
Any thought would be gratefully received!