The MIDI Forum

1. Chuckk Hubbard
  2. MIDI Specifications
  3. Wednesday, 15 November 2017
  4.  Subscribe via email
:(

Hi there.
Where do I find documentation on the format of a MMC response message? The info I can find does not describe what all of the bytes represent.
I would have expected the data bytes to be manufacturer-specific, but I am trying to interface with Cubase. Cubase sends the MMC commands as expected, but it waits for a response to those commands before starting.
I tried setting Cubase as MMC slave and noting its own response to the same MMC command, but when I try sending Cubase this response, it does not react. It does not react to any format of MMC response I can invent, which leads me to believe there are specific rules for the data bytes. Cubase is not accepting any old data bytes, so I guess it is not only manufacturer specific.
The midi.org site promises more information on these messages in a separate document, namely the "Complete MIDI 1.0 Detailed Specification," but the information is not in this document; this document only mentions that more information on MMC messages is available in a separate document; the site contains no link to such a document.
Looking forward to finding the detailed specifications!

Thank you!
-Chuckk
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
John Garside Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Download the complete MIDI specification, in pdf form, from the specs, and take another look.

104 pages of information on MIDI machine control are incorporated there.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Specifications
  3. # 1
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.