fbpx

The MIDI Forum

Tuesday, 03 May 2022
  0 Replies
  273 Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Glad to find this resource! I need help with connecting an iRig MIDI 2 iPad interface and 2 other devices.

I am a professional loop performer, and have been using a brand-new Boss RC600 Loop Station along with a Morningstar MC8 controller for several months now. This is my first foray into MIDI control and I’m having a blast!

The looper has numbered memory slots, I have been able to send PC messages to the MC8, so whatever memory location is set in the looper, the MC8 is synced and ready to go. Memory location 6 on the looper = bank 6 on the MC8 controller, and life is great.

I use an iPad for lyrics, and it can send PC messages as well through the lyric app. So I thought it’d be neat to have full synchronization, so when I choose a song on the iPad, the looper and MC8 automatically go to the required bank. And it works! Except ....

Initially I lost MIDI control of the looper. So the banks changed on the looper and MC8, but the MC8 would not activate anything on the looper. So I reworked the wiring/settings and:

Now, I’ve got Midi control back AND the iPad can do the bank switching. But, manually changing banks on the looper no longer banks the MC8 up or down.

I’m lost. I feel like I’ve tried every possible configuration of wiring and settings with no luck.

The iRig has IN/OUT/THRU jacks.
The looper and MC8 both have only IN/OUT, and the OUT is configurable to also be THRU on both.

I need full communication between the MC8 and the looper; PC and CC messages. The iPad ONLY needs to send PC messages to which both devices react. The iPad does not need to receive any messages nor send CC. It’s only a patch/bank change.

Any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for reading!
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!