I'm in a time pinch (unintentional tempo joke!). I activated a 30 day trial of Melodyne to try sussing out some MIDI files from non-instrumental audio in some SNES files that I am working on for the SNES MIDI Remaster Project. The game audio plays a single "note" that has varying pitches in the sound sample it uses, that I need to convert to multi-note MIDI.
Melodyne creates two separate files when exporting a MIDI file: a .mid file with a fixed tempo of 120 bpm, and a separate .mid file that contains a tempo map. I have tried just modifying the tempo in the normal .mid file to match the required 62.5 bpm of the rest of the song that I need to merge it with, but so far everything I have tried has simply changed the tempo, and not modified anything else to keep the song sounding the same.
I need to be able to change the tempo to 62.5, but have the song still play at the same actual speed, so all note lengths, delta times, etc would need to change along with the tempo change. Using Windows.
So far, I tried changing it in
Anvil Studio - stretches the final playback upon merge in Anvil Studio
Sekaiju - stretches the final playback upon merge in Anvil Studio
Cakewalk - works for the most part, but is a guessing game as to the correct amount to adjust because it doesn't let me stretch by tempo. I have to assign a tempo, and also stretch by time to go along with it using bars and frames. 62.5/120 does not come out nice.
MidiEditor - won't load files, claims corruption
Alternately, a decent free alternative to Melodyne where I can actually specify the output tempo of the file would also be fantastic.