fbpx

The MIDI Forum

Tuesday, 03 March 2020
  3 Replies
  4.1K Visits
Votes
Undo
  Subscribe
Hi everyone, I bought an MV5 (Shure) and Audio Technica Headset. I am not able to record my vocals properly on GarageBand using the MV5. There’s always some disturbances when I start singing loud. Is there anyone else who has faced the same issue?
1 year ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Setting the volume of the channel at a lower level while recording might be the cause of the disturbance you are facing. You wanna keep -18 dB as the signal level while mixing and avoid near 0 bd while recording. Following this would give you better results.

If that doesn’t work then you might wanna try a different software for this purpose. I am presently using Audacity for windows until I figure out a way to run Garageband on windows. I already tried some online solutions but haven’t gotten any success yet. Any suggestions would be helpful
1 year ago
·
Accepted Answer
Votes
Undo
Setting the volume of the channel at a lower level while recording might be the cause of the disturbance you are facing. You wanna keep -18 dB as the signal level while mixing and avoid near 0 bd while recording. Following this would give you better results.

If that doesn’t work then you might wanna try a different software for this purpose. I am presently using Audacity for windows until I figure out a way to run Garageband on windows. I already tried some online solutions but haven’t gotten any success yet. Any suggestions would be helpful
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo

Thanks! I will do it.
You can use some third party application / Pc emulators such as VMware or Virtual box to use GarageBand application for your windows pc. Here is complete tutorial on that! Cheers!
1 year ago
·
Votes
Undo
Garageband is Old, try Audacity App.
  • Page :
There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!