The MIDI Forum

1. Patricia
  2. MIDI Software
  3. Tuesday, 03 March 2020
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi everyone, I bought an MV5 (Shure) and Audio Technica Headset. I am not able to record my vocals properly on GarageBand using the MV5. There’s always some disturbances when I start singing loud. Is there anyone else who has faced the same issue?
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Setting the volume of the channel at a lower level while recording might be the cause of the disturbance you are facing. You wanna keep -18 dB as the signal level while mixing and avoid near 0 bd while recording. Following this would give you better results.

If that doesn’t work then you might wanna try a different software for this purpose. I am presently using Audacity for windows until I figure out a way to run Garageband on windows. I already tried some online solutions but haven’t gotten any success yet. Any suggestions would be helpful
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
Setting the volume of the channel at a lower level while recording might be the cause of the disturbance you are facing. You wanna keep -18 dB as the signal level while mixing and avoid near 0 bd while recording. Following this would give you better results.

If that doesn’t work then you might wanna try a different software for this purpose. I am presently using Audacity for windows until I figure out a way to run Garageband on windows. I already tried some online solutions but haven’t gotten any success yet. Any suggestions would be helpful

Thanks! I will do it.
You can use some third party application / Pc emulators such as VMware or Virtual box to use GarageBand application for your windows pc. Here is complete tutorial on that! Cheers!
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
Garageband is Old, try Audacity App.
Comment
  1. 3 weeks ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!