The MIDI Forum

1. Enzo Lebold
  2. MIDI Software
  3. Monday, 14 November 2016
  4.  Subscribe via email
So a while back i tried to buy "Anvil Studio Works!" for 99$, paid via Pay-Pal.
They got my money, but nothing happened, no Download or Link.
E-mailed them, but no reply.
Allright.
So i am now looking for alternatives.
MIDI-editor-Software that lets me access each individual voice of my yamaha dgx-650 simliar to anvils feature "create patch library".
So that i wouldnt be limited anymore by the "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth"-list like it is the case with default Anvil.
I only ever used anvil so far to write music (i upload stuff on youtube), so consider me a total newbie regarding the technical side of MIDIs.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Tom Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
BankSel MSB is the high-order 7-bits of the Bank Select field.
BankSel LSB is the low-order 7-bits of the Bank Select field.
ProgramChange identifies one of 128 different programs within that bank.
With Anvil Studio Works, or the Pro-Mix, you don't need to worry about this.
You can select View / Synthesizers, press the Add Synth..., and either import a Cakewalk Instrument Definition file (because there are so many out there),
or create your own Patch Library by following the instructions. You don't need to define all of the instruments at once - just the ones you need at the time.
You can add to it later. Then you select View / Mixer, assign that synth to a track, and the BankSel and ProgramChange entries will be added.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # Permalink
Enzo Lebold Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
well what exactly do you mean by
I can create import the patch library and send it back to you.

what sort of effort are you talking about here

either way, i cant send the file as an attachment in here, it doesnt let me (also doenst work as a txt file)
So what? E-mail?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I can create import the patch library and send it back to you.

I dont quite understand that, in which exact case would this be an option?
Because there seems to be something wrong with the file itself. I cant send it as an attachmend though, not even in txt-form.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 2
Votes
Undo
Ah dang it
i didnt notice that there are already 2 pages and so i thought my post was gone.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 3
Chris Seddio Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I love Anvil Studio, but I've never heard of "Anvil Studio Works". Is it possible you were gypped by a fake company that has nothing to do with Anvil Studio? Check whether or not it's made by Willow Software.

Good Luck
Chris Seddio
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 4
Ian Graham Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
I've read this thread with interest, and I hope my tagging on to it will not be taken as discourteous.

John
I've read your more detailed posts with care. I'm a log-time midi user with ,as it were, user-software - programmes like Band in a Box, One Man Band, Notation Composer, Ludwig, Tonica etc which actually do most of the detailed technical stuff for you, and you rarely need to look under the bonnet.
I have now reached a stage where in order to do some things I want to do, I need to engage with the midi more directly. Obviously I can find directories of control codes etc, and I have been begun looking at the event lists of some midi-files to hand.

Is there a primer/spec document which sets out simply and comprehensively the semantics of a midi file - codifies the knowledge you obviously have ?

(E.g. I can see that some parts of a line have no spaces, and other parts of a line have single spaces, others again have triple spaces. Are these distinctions significant, and if so, what is the lexicon or hierarchy? Can the various controls be entered in any order, or is there a sequence or hierarchy ? Some controls seem to appear as abbreviations - is there an 'official' list of what will be recognised?)

It seems to me that working out these things inductively or by trial and error could be a long and wearying process. With the required info to hand, I would hope to get somewhere at a reasonable rate !

Any pointers much appreciated.

Sincerely

Ian Graham
amateur musician
Wales UK
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 5
Ian Graham Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Enzo

I don't know if you've come across this - ?

http://openmidiproject.osdn.jp/MIDIInstrumentLibrary_en.html

It seems to be a dll file, so how you run it, I,m not clear, but that's another story ! :)

Ian G
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 6
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.