Resolved Yamaha P35 issues

Votes
Undo
  1. Shtefko
  2. MIDI Hardware
  3. Friday, 01 January 2021
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hi!
I try to use a second hand Yamaha P35 as MIDI keyboard, but have an issue with it. Three of the keys (C3, D3 & D#3) produce the sound and the action seems to work ok, but they produce incorrect MIDI signal.

I used MIDI Scope on my iPad to see what’s the problem.

C3
When I press that key I get E0 MIDI On event with some velocity and after release I get C3 MIDI On event with velocity 0
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0eboN8BvUTkQ4q8gEflQFw3Cg

D3
When I press that key I get F#0 MIDI On event with some velocity and after release I don’t get any MIDI On event
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0eyVhstD2qh4kU71muxqBu43Q

D#3
When I press that key I get G0 MIDI On event with some velocity and after release I don’t get any MIDI On event
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0cf6IDP-g3T9XexjBTuYHIE7Q

All the other keys seem to work fine. Is this a hardware issue? Is there a way to fix it? Would be very thankful for any suggestions
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
My recommendation is to buy one from any reputable manufacturer.

As an example, here are several products that you may like:

* Roland UM-ONE
* M-AUDIO UNO
* iConnectivity mio
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Hardware
  3. # Permalink
Votes
Undo
How do you connect the P35 to the iPad? The piano has only MIDI IN and OUT 5-pin DIN sockets, so I guess that you added some MIDI interface between the two devices. This piece of equipment would be my first suspect. Can you test your piano with a computer?
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Hardware
  3. # 1
Votes
Undo
I use a no name MIDI to USB adapter paired with Apple USB to USB type c adapter. I’m pretty confident in Apple’s adapter as I used it to connect another piano to the same iPad, but I’m not sure that no name MIDI to USB is of good quality. Unfortunately, I don’t have other MIDI devices to test it right now, but will test it with a PC laptop later today or tomorrow and write a report about it. Thanks for your suggestion, Pedro
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Hardware
  3. # 2
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Hardware
  3. # 3
Votes
Undo
I use the same adapter as you sent me in links 2 and 3. Although they seem not to work at all and mine was transferring wrong signal in some cases. I checked it also on a PC and the same C3 D3 and D#3 notes were mapped to some other notes (different for iOS and PC).

So, it seems like I need either fix the adapter or buy another one. Buying a new one might be a better option as I’m not sure that I could fix this one. Maybe you could suggest a good adapter? We don’t have a lot of options in my country, but I could order from abroad.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Hardware
  3. # 4
Votes
Undo
Will try M-Audio UNO, we have it here. Let’s hope that it will work fine and there’s nothing wrong with the piano itself. Will give feedback once I’ll have anything to share
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Hardware
  3. # 5
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!