The MIDI Forum

  1. Patrice
  2. MIDI Software
  3. Monday, 22 February 2021
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello everyone, I've been writing an app for the Korg Kronos for a while now, I'm very happy with the API.

See https://www.youtube.com/user/superpno74

One thing still resists me:

When I launch the app, all the devices present remain unusable for an external app, even if I do not use them in my web app ...

Can someone confirm this behavior for me?

Can we free devices for external use?

Thank you in advance for all responses ;)

Regards, :) :)

Patrice.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
Sorry, I'm talking about the Web Midi API :) :)
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
You can try to explicitly close the unused ports in your Web MIDI application.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. one week ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
I've only played around with Web MIDI a little bit, but I believe Chrome on Windows has a bug: When a tab uses Web MIDI, it will use all the MIDI input and output devices on your system, preventing other apps from using them, until you close the tab -- it doesn't matter if your code closes the port using Web MIDI.

In July 2020 I tried to search if other people had this problem and found the following bug report that seems to describe the issue: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=471793

I haven't done any research on this issue since then, but the up-to-date Chrome on my Windows 8.1 computer still appears to have this bug.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. one week ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 2
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
Thank you very much for your answers, I tried closing the ports explicitly with no results.

I will test under my Mac mini to see.

I find this bug (if it is one) very invalidating for the API.
Weird that they didn't correct that.

I will report here the results of my tests under Chrome / Mac.

Thank you again for your posts.

Patrice.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. one week ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 3
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
Well ...

It Works on Mac ...

This is a Windows problem ...

Under windows it does not work either under opera ... :(

We're gonna say it's a bug, eh?

Thank you for your attention .

Patrice;
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. one week ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 4
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
Try Firefox with the MIDI extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/jazz-midi
It also requires the plugin: https://jazz-soft.net/download/Jazz-Plugin
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. one week ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 5
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
I tried firefox ...

Obviously he doesn't like my code that's not perfect enough for him at all.. :( :(
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. one week ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 6
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
0
Votes
Undo
If your code uses Web MIDI API, you can either include JZZ.js before your script: https://github.com/jazz-soft/JZZ
or install another plugin: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-midi-api
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
  1. 6 days ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 7
  • Page :
  • 1


There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!