The MIDI Forum

1. Alun
  2. MIDI Software
  3. Thursday, 18 March 2021
  4.  Subscribe via email
Has anybody come across an out of the box solution to run an executable file from win10 which would send a midi program change out of a cheapy usb to midi convertor to recall mixing desk snap shots on a digital mixer Please?

The situation is a Behringer XR18 Mixer in a Sports centre environment running live classes with separate bus outputs to online streaming program.. I need a nice simple solution so that the different instructors can look on their win10 desktop and click on their "Preset"(set by me) and pull up their appropriate scene.. I know I could easily purchase a midi pedal etc but I'm looking for executable file option..

I'm a very competent theatre technician but I'm in a bit of a rush with no time to learn everything. Happy to donate if someone has an instant solution. Or if someone can point me to a quick learn guide to how to program midi from windows ..
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
You can use Pete Brown's PowerShell MIDI to script using MIDI.
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 1
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
Another option:

https://github.com/gbevin/SendMIDI

It is a simple .exe, with no library dependencies. You can use command line arguments to specify where and what messages to send like this:

sendmidi dev "Network Session 1" pc 10
Comment
  1. more than a month ago
  2. MIDI Software
  3. # 2
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!