1. Jonas
  2. Sherlock Holmes
  3. Getting Started with MIDI
  4. Tuesday, 06 April 2021
  5.  Subscribe via email
I am looking for channel mute messages for my Roland Sound Canvas 7, but midi lingo in specs seem not to use the phrase channel mute.
So i am not clear for what to look for, i suspect it is rather a sysex message using the device ID, then some CC variant.
Comment
There are no comments made yet.
Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Votes
Undo
No, no channel mute as such but just turn CC#7 down to zero.
Comment
Votes
Undo
Hello John thanks for your answer, setting the volume to zero does it still take up the voice "effect the multitimbrality?".
Why not discard any note at midi channel "filter"? It does not seem more computing intensive?
Comment
Votes
Undo
Hmm! Interesting question.

I can't give a definitive answer, but ...

If we're just talking about a MIDI file player without a track/channel mute control, then I suppose, as the Note On mesages will still be arriving at the sound module, one would expect them to be played, just at zero volume. So, I suppose they would take up timbrality.

If I don't want a channel played at all on a MIDI file I just make a copy with the appropriate data deleted completely.
Very easily done in seconds with most sequencing software.
Comment
Votes
Undo
The routing of channels to parts is defined with the RX. CHANNEL patch parameters; see p. 36 of the manual. To prevent any messages on a channel from being received, set the corresponding part to OFF.
Comment
Votes
Undo
Clemens Thanks i will try to do that.
Comment
  • Page :

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!