Native Instruments Maschine as a MIDI Controller
NI Maschine-Production and Performance System
Native Instruments' Maschine MK3 is a comkplet music production system that includes a built-in 24-bit/96kHz audio interface, high-resolution full-color displays, large pads, touch-sensitive knobs, and more. It comes with over 8GB of sample content, along with the full Komplete Select software bundle It has seamless DAW integration, and maybe best of all you can control all your other MIDI devices with Maschine.
Native Instruments Maschine MK3 Features:
- NEW Built-in 24-bit/96kHz audio interface allows you to capture patterns and sequences with your DAW
- NEW 2 high-resolution full-color displays allow for precision sample slicing, sound tweaking, note editing, mixing, browsing, and more
- NEW Larger pads and touch-sensitive knobs make 2-handed drumming and tweaking parameters easy
- NEW 4-directional push encoder makes browsing, navigating, and adjusting levels and balance fast and intuitive
- NEW Powered with the included power supply or via USB
- Innovative software/hardware hybrid groove production and performance system
- Combines intuitive sequencer, sampler and high-quality effects with comprehensive hands-on control
- Dedicated controller with 16 multicolor pads, 47 buttons, and 9 rotary encoders for playing, recording, sequencing, automation and arrangement lets you keep your eyes off your monitor
- Smart Strip for strumming notes, pitch bending sounds, performing with FX, and more
- Includes all basic groove-production features such as step sequencing, real-time recording, note repeat, slicing, and auto-mapping
- Hosts VST and AU plug-ins for adding even more production power to your rig
- Easily find kits, instruments, samples, and effects with the tag-based browser
- Intuitive automation recording and step automation editing lets you create complex sounds
- Sample compatibility includes Akai MPC 500, 1000, 2000(XL), 2500, 3000, and 4000 program import
- Threshold detection makes sampling from external and internal sources easy
- Works as a plug-in in virtually any application that supports AAX, VST, AU, or RTAS formats
- Extensive MIDI I/O allows you to sequence your external MIDI gear with Maschine and vice versa
- Easy drag-and-drop pattern export lets you easily transfer MIDI and audio directly to your DAW's timeline
- Group Macro Controls let you assign any parameter of the dedicated group to the controller's 8 knobs
- Dedicated MIDI-mapping software makes using the Maschine controller with other applications and instruments easy
Using Maschine to control external MIDI devices
What are MIDI CC Macro Presets?
MIDI Control Change Macros allow you to define a set of macros in MASCHINE that can be used to control and modulate parameters on external MIDI devices using your MASCHINE soft- ware or hardware.
To save you the time of creating sets of Macro controller we have created a few readymade pre- sets for popular devices which can be installed on your computer. Once installed the Macro presets appear in the Sound and Group categories of your MASCHINE Browser and can easily be used as part of your workflow. It is also possible to edit these presets or create new ones.
by Native Instruments
Native Instruments has put together Macro Presets for a lot of popular MIDI gear, but you can also create your own. Here is a look at what's included in the Maschine MIDI Presets for External Instruments