I am trying to better understand what the exact message should be for sending to a Yamaha CL5 soundboard via SysEx. I am new to MIDI, so please forgive the elementary questions.
My message so far to request the current value
F0 43 3n 3E 19 01 00 37 00 00 cc cc F7
My message so far to change the current value
F0 43 1n 3E 19 01 00 37 00 00 cc cc dd dd dd dd dd F7
"n" is the midi channel number(0-15)
"cc cc" is the channel in hexadecimal
"dd dd dd dd dd" is the value in hexadecimal
My questions are:
1) Confirming that "n" is the MIDI channel number? (0-15)
2) What do I put for the "cc cc"? If the channel is channel 1, then the docs show "0", but do I convert that to hex? What if it's only 2 characters?
3) What should my "dd dd dd dd dd" be if I am wanting to send it a value of 25, for example?
4) Will I receive a confirmation that the message was received by the board? (Kind of like 200 message in web programming?)
5) When I send the request message, what format should I expect the response to be?
Thanks for any help. Please don't hesitate to ask for any clarifying questions....as I said, being new, I don't know what I don't know.
Simplified Documentation Here:
Yamaha CL5 Documentation Link: Documentation
Page 192-199 - MIDI
Page 37-43 - MIDI Data Format ***AT THE BACK OF THE DOCUMENT
Page 49 - MIDI Implementation Chart *** AT THE BACK OF THE DOCUMENT
Page 27-30 - NRPN Parameter Assignments *** AT THE BACK OF THE DOCUMENT
MIDI Parameter Change List: Download(Zip File with 3 CSVs)
I spent several hours looking this over as well and it was helpful: SysEx Tut