I completely newbie in midi connections, so sorry if my questions appeals obvious answers !
Here is my gear :
- Bitwig DAW (runing under Linux but don't think it really matters presently)
- Nektar Panorama T6 (chosen for its nice compatibility with Bitwig) with midi USB, and only traditional midi Output (no Input).
- Alesis SR 18 Drum machine, with midi I/O ( but no USB !)
- Waldorf Streichfett hardware synth, with midi I/O & USB
- Behringer Audio Interface U-PHORIA UMC404HD (I use it to connect my electric bass too)
- ESI M4UeX Midi Interface
Basically, I would like to use two configurations :
1) without computer, as in live context : just the keyboard, the midi interface, the hardware synth and the drum machine
In this case, is it possible to get the clock from the drum machine even if the keyboard as only midi Output ?
2) Threw the computer : everything should be connected, but I don't know which is the best solution for the midi clock, from the drum machine, from the keyboard or from the DAW ?
Thanks a lot in advance !